We aim to respect and treat our customers in the way that we and our own relatives would expect and wish to be treated. Our care ethos is centred on the individual, to ensure that positive outcomes are achieved in all aspects of our customers lives.
When the time arrives to consider getting help with care people are posed with many questions and concerns. We firmly believe that domiciliary care (care at home) offers a realistic opportunity to many people who need care provided for them to remain living at home.
Those people who choose to take this option should receive the maximum information and support to enable them to lead their lives safely and in comfort.
Our bespoke care planning, based on your preferences and expectations, give us the basis to provide safe and effective care, delivered by our enthusiastic care team.
We pride ourselves on promoting quality of life, both from a care perspective but also allowing our customers to have fulfilling social lives. We will be there to support you in all aspects. Respecting you as an individual, providing you with choices and valuing your opinion.
We strive to offer a truly Person Centred service. Balancing care and support with independence. Building relationships with our clients and their families.
We work with a diverse and multi-disciplined team to provide an inclusive and comprehensive service to enable them to lead their lives safely and in comfort.
In order to do this we must make sure that the people who are delivering the care, the care workers, are fully vetted, trained and supported. They can only do their job if they are working in a professional and well regulated environment.
Our objectives are:
- To ensure that the customer is main focus for all that we do and are central to the processes of care planning, assessment and delivery of care at home.
- To provide a safe, well-planned, reliable care at home service to our Customers and families.
- To provide support in the way Customers prefer and at the times they wish.
- To fully consult, listen to and obtain consent from Customers and/or their representatives (where appropriate) regarding all aspects of their care.
- To maintain and promote the dignity, independence, choice and rights of Customers while providing care at home.
- To respect the Customers’ rights in relation to confidentiality including our communication and conduct, recording practices and storage of information.
- To have in place appropriate systems, policies and procedures to address matters of health and safety and to promote safe working practices in all aspects of service provision.
- To proactively and regularly seek the views of customers as well as significant others (including advocates) regarding our service, in order to pursue continuous improvement.
- To provide Customers (and/or stakeholders) with the means to make a compliment or complaint regarding the service, including to outside agencies if preferred.
- To safeguard the well being of Customers by having systems in place to prevent the potential for abuse and ensure any concerns raised or identified are robustly addressed and risks are effectively managed.
- To promote matters of equality and diversity in all that we do, and ensure anti-discriminatory practice in all aspects of the service.
- To provide a consistent care at home service to Customers through a dedicated focus towards staff competence, training, recruitment and retention.
- To provide appropriate and accessible information to our Customers and/or significant others regarding the services provided by The Cedars Home Care including the cost of the service, how and when to pay.
- To work in partnership/cooperate with other agencies and individuals as required/where appropriate, to promote the wellbeing of Customers.