Learning Disabilities Care
At The Cedars Home Care in Finchley, The specialist Learning Disabilities Service supports and empowers individuals with a wide range of learning disabilities. We recognise that people may also have other complex needs which may mean that they require adapted environments or specialist ways of working to provide and support people to have a good and meaningful life.
Our specialist Finchley team are fully trained to respond to different communication needs, autistic spectrum disorders, physical disabilities and sensory impairment.
We adopt a person centred approach and work with families, carers, advocates and other agencies to support people to achieve their goals, with creative solutions. Inclusion and participation is important so we involve the people we support in designing our service.
We design our support packages on personalities, likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions; embracing all opportunities, whether recreational, educational or work-based. By focusing on your unique strengths and abilities, our aim is to help you achieve your personal goals.
An important part of this is providing assistance to friends and relatives who care for people with learning disabilities, to ensure that they too maintain their quality of life.
- Maintain your independence living at home
- Building social skills used to develop friendships
- Support with medication and health appointments
- Develop life skills, e.g. to assist you in finding employment, managing your money
- Providing the means to access education and training
- Try new hobbies and experiencing life whilst having fun
Areas We Cover
- Golders Green
- Mill Hill