End of Life Care
People who are nearing the end of their life will be supported to make decisions that allow them and their family or carers to be prepared for their death. Their care will be well coordinated and planned so that they die in the place and in the way that they have chosen.
Our aim is to provide comfort and dignity for the person living with the illness as well as his or her family. An important objective of palliative care is relief of pain and other symptoms. Additionally, palliative care addresses the psychological, social, cultural, emotional and spiritual needs of each person and family.
Our service is based on the hospice model of care, from local hospice agencies to work closely with hospice nurses and social workers to maximise comfort and dignity for the patient and facilitate peace of mind for their family.
Our ethos at The Cedars Home Care Finchley is to provide the highest quality care and support possible, to mirror that of the highly respected hospice movement. This service has been designed to complement other palliative care teams and hospices often involved in the person’s end-of- life care.
- Support from 2 to 24 hour care, enabling freedom of choice and flexibility
- The Cedars Home Care team work in partnership with community palliative care teams, other specialists from the multidisciplinary team as well as family and friends
- With over a decade of experience we aspire to add life to days and enable
- As part of the training our team members learn and discuss differing cultural
- We pride ourselves on offering people the highest quality care and support
- Our highly committed team have a passion for making a difference to the clients and their families to fulfil their choices needs of clients and practice at end of life possible; we make this vision a reality by employing the best people, providing them with the best support and training and by adopting a team approach to the provision of services lives of the people we support.
Our dedicated Finchley team work closely with CHC professionals and multidisciplinary teams to arrange packages of palliative care right across the UK, typically within 48 hours of enquiry.
We have demonstrable ability to organise seamless same-day and fast starts for palliative care customers, assigning an experienced and knowledgeable Carer to each case. Carers can arrive at customer’s homes really quickly, with a thorough understanding of their physical and psychological requirements.
People have the right to choose where they wish to spend the last days of their lives. For many people this will be to remain at home in familiar surroundings.The Cedars Home Care provides essential domiciliary care and support to enable you and your family to make this choice.
We can design an end of life care plan with you and, where you wish it, your family or friends. Our domiciliary care service will then be tailored to meet your specific needs and preferences. We value and respect each person’s spirituality and their right to dignified care at this time of their lives.
Our team will work with health professionals and other people who are involved in your care and support to manage your symptoms, maintain your dignity and keep you as comfortable as possible.
Hospice care requires a special caregiver, one that understands the process of the end stages of life.
Our caregivers provide
- Companionship, dignity and close attention to patients needs
- One-on- one care to maximise comfort
- Peace of mind for family members for the hours they can’t be there
- Alerts to family, friends or hospice personnel to changes in condition of patients
- Assistance with tasks that allows family member to focus on quality time and interaction with their loved one
If you want extra attention and care for your loved one, we’re here to help, so please give us a call anytime.
Areas We Cover
- Golders Green
- Mill Hill